Wednesday, 6 February 2008

Your life story in six words


I heard on the "Today" programme that a new book is being published full of life stories. Each one is only six words long. The BBC "Today" website explains how this came about:

"In the 1920s, Ernest Hemingway bet ten dollars that he could write a complete story in just six words. He wrote: "For Sale: baby shoes, never worn." He won the bet.

Now an online magazine is asking its readers to sum up their own lives in just six words."

I've visited the magazine website to find out more, and also had a go at writing my life story in six words. It's not as easy as it sounds!

Obviously a teacher, so people say

This is only a part of my life story. What, on the surface, appears to be something that could be dashed off quickly (I'm sure some people can do that!) has provided a lot of thought about what exactly I could write.

Give it a try!

No comments: