Monday, 6 July 2009

The Fourth Plinth in Trafalgar Square

I've been allocated a place in the Antony Gormley's "One and Other" Fourth Plinth project which started today. I'll be taking my place on the empty Fourth Plinth in Trafalgar Square on

Monday 3rd August from 3 - 4 p.m.

It's going to be a fairly challenging thing to do, I admit to being apprehensive but my initial "oh not me!" has morphed into what's turning out to be an interesting experience already. My ideas of what I shall do up there are evolving and taking shape day by day.

The theme of my hour on the plinth is likely to be an exploration of inner and outer reflection. I'll be spending some time reflecting inwardly about the experience and what has brought me to this point in time as well as focussing on outer reflection, using the environment to inspire me.

I'll be writing more about this in posts to come, and you can read my Plinther's Profile and watch what's happening on the Plinth right now by clicking here - which means you'll be able to watch me when I'm up there too! Scary. . . . and here's my Plinth poster - I need to get in some practice at being up there! Oh yes - and here's the article my local newspaper wrote about me being on the Plinth.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Hello ladies,

Joyce, I read your e mail and have been pondering about all this. It sounds very big and I do want to catch you during your hour !

exciting !!

Mellow Yellow said...

Hi Barbara,

So good to hear you'll be watching. What about that word to go with your name so I can virtually take you up there with me!?

Joyce x